The Northern Virginia Transportation Authority’s TransAction Plan is updated every five years. The current version was adopted in October 2017 and includes more than 350 multimodal projects aimed at improving mobility and reducing congestion in the region. Local jurisdictions and agencies can request NVTA regional revenues to fund eligible TransAction projects, typically every two years. Projects approved for funding are subsequently incorporated into the Authority’s Six Year Program. After a series of one and two-year funding programs, the Authority’s inaugural FY 2018-2023 Six Year Program was adopted in June 2018. The current update to the Six Year Program for FY2020-2025 commenced in July 2019, and will be adopted in June 2020.
The next update to TransAction commenced with a Listening Session on January 9, 2020 at 7:00 p.m., and the TransAction Plan is expected to be adopted by December 2022.
- January 9, 2020: TransAction Open House and Listening Session (NVTA’s Offices, 3040 Williams Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA 22031)
- Opportunity to weigh in on the future of transportation and provide feedback and suggestions on long-range multimodal transportation planning
- Open House: 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Listening Session as part of annual Organizational Meeting: 7 p.m.
- **Now Past Due** **If interested in providing feedback on TransAction, please sign up in advance at TheAuthority@thenovaauthority.org with the subject line: TA Listening Session: Public Comment.
- The presentation from the TransAction Listening Session, can be found here.
- Late Spring 2020: Post RFP for TransAction Consultant
- Early Fall 2020: Authority Selects Consultant
- Spring 2021: Public Engagement (topic: transportation needs)
- Fall 2021: Public Engagement (topic: priorities)
- Late Spring 2022: Authority Hosts Open House and Public Hearing; Public Comment Period
- Fall 2022: Finalize Reports
- December 2022: Authority Adopts TransAction
If you would like further information on TransAction or the Authority’s Six Year Program, please contact us at TheAuthority@thenovaauthority.org.
Latest NVTA News
Let Your Voice Be Heard. It's official! The next TransAction update is officially underway. During a time when transportation is evolving at a faster pace than ever before and the region’s population is rapidly growing, you were given the opportunity to weigh in on...
For Immediate Release October 13, 2017 CONTACT: Sarah Camille Hipp [Mobile] (571) 355-4461 SarahCamille.Hipp@TheNoVaAuthority.org THE NORTHERN VIRGINIA TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY ADOPTS THE TRANSACTION PLAN UPDATE Adoption marks the first update since HB 2313 passed in...
Several items were considered by the Authority at the October meeting, including the adoption of the TransAction Plan Update. Authority Meeting Highlights
Driven by InNoVation Newsletter Sign Up
Sign up for the NVTA Driven by InNoVation newsletter to receive a regular digest of transportation technologies and emerging travel trends - from Northern Virginia and across the globe. Please enter your information below and click "sign up" to register.
Newsletter Sign Up
To sign up for the NVTA Update newsletter and stay informed about the latest activities, project updates and initiatives at NVTA, please enter your information below and click “sign up” to register.